Quotes to Live By

People know you for what you've done, not for what you plan to do.

--Anonymous

It's so easy to fall in love, but hard to find someone who will catch you.

--Anonymous

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

--Oscar Wilde

There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

--Oscar Wilde

Eros and Psyche

Eros and Psyche
One of the most romantic stories of all time

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Quilting, Phase 1

Phase 1 of the T Shirt Quilt I am making for college over the summer.


I will be working at a Girl Scout Camp this summer, up in the canyon near Park City, so have decided to take a bunch of old T shirts (since I have a pretty good number) and make them into a quilt for my bed in college. The first step involved choosing all the shirts I was ready to give up wearing, and I found 24 camp and school shirts that I cut out using a record as a template and with enough leeway for a decent amount of seam to work with.

I am also planning to tie dye quite a few shirts and sweatshirts at camp, particularly the blood drive shirt seen on the last row (probably in pinks, purples, and reds since it is a blood drive shirt after all) and possibly incorporate those into the quilt.

While my job will be relatively busy, I also have weekends off and breaks every day or so, so I am excited to have some crafts to do up at camp this summer.

No comments: