Quotes to Live By

People know you for what you've done, not for what you plan to do.

--Anonymous

It's so easy to fall in love, but hard to find someone who will catch you.

--Anonymous

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

--Oscar Wilde

There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating: people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

--Oscar Wilde

Eros and Psyche

Eros and Psyche
One of the most romantic stories of all time

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lost

As all of my family and friends know, I have a completely horrible sense of direction. So, naturally, while walking to my grandmother's house from the U campus where I was taking a writing class, I got lost.

I hadn't gone down the hill soon enough, and I was used to getting to the house from President Circle. So, of course, I couldn't find President Circle. I ended up in an alley behind the houses, and my mom had to talk me through the entire thing. A 15 minute walk ended up taking an hour. I had to walk aimlessly without water. In 100 degree weather. I died.

My mom is sending me with a map highlighted in neon yellow tomorrow. The U campus is the biggest campus I've ever seen. I think that Westminster, a nice, small, private college is more of my style. It takes about ten minutes to walk from one side to the other. 

Plus, there's a nice gelato place just around the corner. I might go there.

No comments: